Academic Writing 2022
11. 2. 2022 13:00 - 16:00
CEITEC BUT, Purkyňova 123, S building, large meeting room
Kamila Etschegoyen-Rosolová a Eleanor Lurring, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Can you tell the difference between a good and a poor abstract?
- Are you curious about typical mistakes people make in research article introductions?
- Do you know how to write for audiences used to viewing texts through the lens of Anglo-American writing norms?
This workshop addresses these questions and gives you a deeper understanding of the characteristics of successful publishable research articles. More specifically, we cover the following:
- Intercultural differences in writing styles
- Rhetorical moves in abstracts, introductions, and discussions
- Clarity and style
- Writing process
In the workshop, we analyze authentic texts and engage you in activities to illustrate the principles of creating logical, coherent and reader-friendly research articles.